Last updated: January 25, 2021
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience and concern caused regarding the soaring electricity trading price of the Japan Electric Power Exchange (JEPX).
Following are answers to questions that are frequently asked.
Q. How can I switch or cancel my contract?
If you wish to switch from our company to another electric power company, in principle, it will be switched on the meter reading date. This is a procedure that prioritizes the continuous supply of electricity without power outage, enabling smooth and safe switching.
Please be sure to contact the new electric power company (electric power retail company).
Additional trouble of contacting us is not required. The power company you are switching to will carry out the cancelation of “Shizen Denryoku No Denki”. (Switching will be completed by contact from the new retail electric power company that you have switched to. Please note that we will not contact you.)
The customer information required when applying to the power company to be switched to is as follows.
- Current electric power company name: “Shizen Energy Inc.”
- Contract name: The name of the contracted customer
- Customer number: 9-digit number printed on the invoice
Example: 100000001 * Please refer to the red frame below.
- Supply point identification number: 17-digit number printed on the invoice
Example: 03-0000-00-0033-0044-0055 * Please refer to the red frame below.
Q. How can I know the planned billing amount at the moment?
From the top of “My Page” (https://shizendenryoku.jp/mypage/login), you can check the “current usage charges (preliminary figures of meter charges)”.
* The actual billing amount is the “current usage fee” plus the “cost of sending electricity (basic fee)”, then deducted by the “cost of operating our business excluding the cost of purchasing environmental value (* 1)” and “Cost of discount measures (* 2)”.
* 1 In response to the soaring market price, we will not charge customers cost of operating our business excluding the cost of purchasing environmental value during the period from December 26 to the end of January (real profit as Shizen Energy is zero yen)
Details: https://www.shizenenergy.net/2021/01/07/jepx_infomation/ (Japanese Only)
* 2 Based on the calculation using the electricity rate of the major electric power company in your area(*), the exceeded electricity fee will be discounted up to 30,000 yen from the electricity bill.
Details: https://www.shizenenergy.net/2021/01/11/jepx_information_04/ (Japanese Only)
Q. When is the price hike expected to end?
According to our research, it is highly likely that the market price rise will continue during January, and we believe that the situation will be unpredictable even after February. To customers who choose to continue their contracts, we kindly ask for your understanding in advance that the service will be provided in a form that includes the above risks.
Q. Is it possible to change my menu from SE100 to slightly cheaper SE30 or SE Debut, now or until the cancellation is completed?
The change between the 3 menus can be applied from My Page, but the change will be active from the next meter reading date.
Q. If I switch to another electric power company at this timing, will I not receive any benefits such as campaigns?
Depending on the conditions of the benefits, you may not be able to receive them.
Q. Is it possible to know the electricity unit price of the day after tomorrow?
Since the price of the Japan Electric Power Exchange (JEPX) on the day is fixed the day before, we can only inform the unit price up to the next day. It is also difficult to determine trends and predict prices due to the high volatility of the current market.
Q. Will there be any special measures by Shizen Energy?
In order to ease the burden on our customers, Shizen Energy is implementing discount measures with the following contents.
- Details of measures
Based on the calculation using the electricity rate of the major electric power company (*) in your area, the exceeded electricity fee will be discounted up to 30,000 yen from the electricity bill. In addition, we will not charge the customer for the cost of operating our business excluding the cost of purchasing environmental value. (corresponding to the “cost of doing business” in the invoice).
* The major electric power company (deemed retail electric power companies) in your area is one of the following 10 electric power companies: Hokkaido Electric Power Co., Inc., Tohoku Electric Power Co., Inc., Tokyo Electric Power Energy Partner Co., Ltd., Hokuriku Electric Power Co., Inc. , Chubu Electric Power Miraiz Co., Ltd., Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc., Chugoku Electric Power Co., Inc., Shikoku Electric Power Co., Inc., Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc., Okinawa Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Applicable period for discount
January billing, February billing
* The maximum total discount amount for January billing and February billing combined is 30,000 yen. In addition to this discount measure, we will also discount our business profit excluding the cost of purchasing environmental value.
- Applicable customers
(1) Customers who subscribe to “Shizen Energy’s electricity” with low-voltage power or metered light
(2) Customers who have already canceled or are in the process of canceling “Shizen Energy’s electricity” after December 26th, 2020.
* For customers who have multiple contracts, we will offer discount measures for each contract.